Friday, December 07, 2007

After the baby sweater marathon, counted what I needed to do. 5 sweaters made, one more to do before we leave for Christmas. The idea of digging into another baby sweater gave me the heaves. So, I picked up Fern again.
She needed a few more inches to get to the arm opening, and I accomplished that and a bit more. Since half the stitches are now on a piece of waste yarn, she can stretch out for her pictures. I think she's quite pretty.
I also finished another scarf. This is for a friend in New Jersey, and will be mailed today, probably.

Wednesday night, I finally got interested in starting that last for 2007 baby sweater. I'm doing the cover sweater from the Dale of Norway book 81. It has the lovely name of "Baby Wo0l 8106" I'm using Nature Spun Sport, and getting a gauge of 26 st/4 inch instead of the 32 called for. No problem, I found that the stitch count for the three month model will result in a diameter that will be about right for the intended baby. I need to calculate the row count to make sure the armhole works out. I have a ruler, and I know how to use it, so no problems.

I changed the colors; using "Bit of Blue" for the main color, "Sapphire" for the darker contrast color, and "Orange Crush" for the second contrast color. The Orange is on the red side and the Sapphire is on the Purple side. There is also a fourth color used in the yoke. I'm going back and forth on that one.
The pattern does have a number of rounds with THREE colors, which I find tricky.

No comments: