Thursday, October 19, 2017

Ocean Glow Edges

Here is the next project.

This is an adult version of a child's pattern from Small Knits  by Tone Takle and Lise Kolstadcalled Ocean Glow. I originally thought the body would be turquoise and white, but the white did not stand up to the colored edges. 

I planned to visit Nancy at Nancy's knits to show off how great the yarn I purchased worked out in the sparrow sweater. That was my excuse to visit her worsted yarn. So many choices. I ended up with a dark magenta and I am much happier.

While I was fussing, I decided that I should do the colored edges for both sleeves and the body. That way, I don't have to remember how the pattern worked and can get past all the join without twisting and fussing with the picot.

I also wanted to make sure that I had enough of the bits I needed for the edges. I'm tired of scaring myself. Here is a closeup. Nice?

No comments: