Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Working the Stash

2019 makes it three years, I think, of concentrating on my worsted weight stash. I've made quite a dent, and maybe will be through it this year.

I told my husband a few weeks ago that I feel somewhat responsible for my stash. I thought about just dumping a bunch of it at Goodwill or some other outlet, but that feels wrong.

Instead, I fuss over who goes with what and how I can create complete adult sized sweaters out of what I have. It is a puzzle I have created for myself that has no real reason. Sure, I can make scarves, blankets, felted bags, and other projects where size and fit do not really matter, but that is not what I want to do.

So, the red from the Henry VII that was abandoned has found a new place as part of a two color sweater. The weird reasoning is that I want some red for a mostly brown sweater that is queued up next.






After working this much I think it looks like a nice pattern for Christmas pajamas.

I finished the Inverness sweater. The sleeves lined up nicely with the body, don't you think?

No comments: