Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Too Early for the Victory Lap

Ahem.

Last week I thought I was about to stick a pin into the worsted weight stash down.

Then I swatched some vintage wool and shetland wool and found it worked to 20 sts/inch which is worsted. I have the same sort of vintage yarn by other makers and they work to DK gauges nicely. I did a bit more research and learned that this particular brand plays better as worsted.

Then I found a few friends in the worsted category that also had been hiding in the DK bin.

On the bright side, this is a really great color and I tried working it with KnitPicks wool of the Andes. They play together very well. I do have my next two projects already picked out, so this will go into the queue for a few months.

In the mean time, I'll be inspecting and resorting the stash. It got moved around a bit in the past few years and the hanks need to be placed back with their friends of the same weight. I need to also look out for more of this particular brand.


No comments: