Thursday, March 02, 2017

Silk Shell

Pictures of the newly finished silk shell.

I started with the pattern for the Purl Soho Pebble tank using a two color brioche stockinette stitch. I went rogue around the arm decreases. After some trial and error I decided to go with the slanted two stitch brioche decreases.

I used a braided edging that looks more complicated than it really is. I like how it worked out.

The original measurements for the body looked odd before I blocked the piece. I probably should have taken a picture, as it looked like a crop top. We know that silk and cotton will stretch lengthwise, so I counted on that to make the proportions work.

After a wash, I hung it on a skirt hanger by the shoulder seams and let gravity do the blocking job for me.

No comments: