Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Road Trip Knitting

I spent a lot of last week documenting my stash. I started with the worsted weight and found that it helped me get my head around the horror that is my yarn supply. I am not nearly done but I will be offering yarn for sale or trade on Ravelry. So, if you are in the United States, please take a look.

I spent a lot of time in the car over the weekend travelling to a sailing event. Lots of car knitting. I am making a scarf with the leftover Cascade Casablanca that I used in the recently completed Drops brocade sweater. I'm using a herringbone stitch and I think it is quite nice. My husband has already claimed it.













I progressed on the swirl cable jacket enough to sew down the swirly cables. I think one needs to be adjusted a bit, but I'm still thinking about it.

I did not do the sewing in the car.








In fact, I decided to crochet the swirls in place. Here is a detail....









The car knitting was working up the right front and some of the back. I eventually became annoyed with wrestling three balls of yarn that wanted to twist together and resorted to the scarf which was the back-up project.



No comments: