Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Better

My primary stated knitting goal this year is to work through my worsted weight yarn. I thought I was doing well, finishing about a sweater a month.

In the process of creating a stash inventory I came across some worsted that my brain had considered DK weight. So, the worsted stash is suddenly a kilo larger or 2,700 yards depending on how you count.

On the other hand, there are some nice colors to work in, one of which was a very dark navy blue.

So, while contemplating the Drops pattern with squares swatch, I thought that coral and blues could work very well.

And, they work very well indeed.

On the brown front, the turquoise and brown swatch sleeve was frogged. While the pictures looked nice enough the turquoise just did not read well against the brown in the pattern. There were way more brown stitches than turquoise. Perhaps a more even arrangement would be better.

No comments: