Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Oddballs


So, what is an oddball project? Does this one qualify? Did the last three qualify?

This one is easy. I have enough of the light blue for about a half of an adult sweater. I collected the other colors and chose a graphic that while not stripey is essentially stripes.

The previous grey required a few more choices. I did not have enough of any of the colors to make a whole sweater. I did not quite have enough background grey for the sweater and the edgings. I've learned that just that bit is 70-80 grams. Thus, the cuff, neck and waist edges are yarns other than the body yarns selected so that there is enough of the main color to work the body sections.

The brown and read sweater was the victim of Hurricane Harvey. I was messing with the skeins and some of them were drowned in the flood. I probably could have made a full length sweater if I had chosen a more balanced graphic. My intention was to flip the background colors, but I did not like how that looked. Rather than frog and redesign, I forged ahead and then cropped the body.


No comments: