Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Fast Finish

After a bit of a funk because of the mistake, I bounced back on this project. More Tour de France viewing and all of a sudden I was binding off for shoulders. Most of the ends were worked in on the ride to Paris. What a tour!

So, if anyone wishes to leave a comment, let me know if this looks like an oddball project. 

I also knit and not watch F1 racing with my husband. The race this weekend in the rain was also a lot of fun. There have been too many boring parades led by Mercedes this season.

This project puts me over 10K yards of stash yarn worked for the year. Perhaps a bit of a lame milestone, but meaningful to this blog and my closet.

So, what next? I have three more sweaters and the substantial bits of the worsted stash will be declared done. I will end with some oddballs that will probably be used for felting and swatching and what not.

I need to rework the wristlet for the TKGA re-submission, so I should get on that. I'm just about done with the rework and have probably learned more doing that than the first time through the project.

Oh oh oh....
I was looking at my blog statistics and I'm almost to 7000 views. That's another lame milestone for a 16 year old blog, but whatever.

2 comments:

tinebeest said...

That looks great! It’s a very happy sweater (sorry to read you had to yank out so much work to correct things!). I thought it was steeked for armholes and neckopening, but it appears you did it in pieces?

Some great stashbusting going on here!

Swatchy said...

Thanks for the comment. I work in the round to the armhole decreases. then I work back and forth. Sometimes I steek worsted but I get anxious about the edges with such thick yarn.