Tuesday, October 15, 2019

In-between Projects

My daughter does not knit, but apparently she was in a knitting shop of some sort. She sent me a photo of the Soldotna crop, so I figure that she admired it and wanted one. I have seen the pattern on Ravelry and liked it a lot.

I kicked through my worsted stash and found some skeins that seemed to work. I had set them aside for a second attempt at the snow slippers that were so disappointing.

It has been a while since I worked a yoke, and I don't think I have ever made one top down. I found it a bit disorienting, but the pattern was lovely and I found myself wanting to see it finished. So, the whole thing was made in less than a week.

I'll be taking it to her by way of South America in a few weeks.

So, about those snow slippers. I thought I had finished a second pair and found that I worked two booties for the same foot. I threw them in the oddball pile and thought about whether to pick one apart and re-work it, felt them like they were, or move on to a new project and reconsider later. This morning, I did the adult thing and picked apart one and I am currently reworking that second slipper. After that, I plan to make a cat cave out of oddball scraps.

I do have to consider what to bring on my vacation.
Oh, and finish the TKGA resubmissions.

No comments: