Thursday, May 11, 2006

I've been enjoying how quickly this Regal/Candide project is working up. Shilo appears to enjoy when I set it down. This annoys me, because he's shedding, and the sweater ends up full of dog hair. I'm 2/3 of the way up the armhole section, quickly approaching the neck opening.

I started up on the second sleeve for the Fasset circle square. Not much there yet; I've made a few increases, and stopped because I need to go pull yarns for the next row of colors. As noted before there are three places where half the colors change, and one place, every 24 rows where they all change. Getting set up for that big one seems to stall me out.

Speaking of stalled, I'm not sure that the Kaffe Fasset knit along I tried to join is active. I'd really like to see some support around my project in particular and the multicolor style that Fasset represents in general. So, I thought about hosting one of those group blogs. I thought about it so hard, I even named it, and roughed it out on blogger. It's open for review, but pretty lame without members. Check it out, and see what you think. Fans of Kaffe Fasset Knitting, or http://fokafak.blogspot.com/

I'll mention this a few times, and leave it up for a few months. If it catches on, great. If not, my husband will still have his sweater by the time it cools down in Houston.

No comments: