Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day.


It's rained the whole weekend here in H-town, and is muggy as well. We've been able to do some bicycling in between the showers, and I've been enjoying the long weekend by sleeping a lot, and trying to put some projects on the "finished" list. Mixed results.


Confession.


The Mothers Day sale at the LYS was too tempting. I mentioned it to my husband, the great enabler, and he packed me up, and drove me over. Lots of pretty novelty yarn, the kind I said I would never buy again on sale 40% off. Some jumped into a basket. I was planning on dear husband to make the purchase, so I could rationalize it off as a gift. But I walked up to the counter myself, and did it.


So, I suppose that I need to use it all up before the end of the year. The goal is to end you year with a measurable amount of stash reduction.


So, here is the start.


Two skeins of Waikiki, in a blue/teal/purple colorway that reminded me of my Sister in Law. It is nasty stuff to figure out. Not only is it a multicolor, but it has hunks or wads that are thicker to add more interest. I tried a lot of stitch patterns, and ended up with this garter lace pattern, that I sort of made up. All done, and ready to be mailed.


I'm working on some Lang Venzia now.
Now for Hardangervidda. The sleeves are attached, and the insides are cleaned up. I need to tack down the armhole facing, and hems, the add the neck.

Almost done.
Except

I had the intended try it on.
It's too short.

I'm going to have to do that snip, and knit another two inches and graft it together thing before I can call this one finished.
And E.D. is still waiting to be cleaned up.

No comments: