Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Baby Time

A long time ago I did technical support for a group of sales people. My team had many young adults busy not only selling, but getting married and having babies. Since I could not tell that the men were expecting, I simply made a box of baby sweaters and when congratulation were in order the fellows had a choice of gift.

My daughter just asked if the box still existed. She is not expecting, but apparently she finds herself in a similar situation, and would like a box of baby sweaters to give to friends and co-workers herself. 

What fabulous timing, as I am towards the end of my worsted weight saga and left with some substantial odd balls. Just perfect for baby things. 

So, the slipper replacement project is on the back burner and the yarns that won't make an adult garment are out. 

This one is Beribboned Eyelets by Rowena Hill. I've made this one several times before and it is a great pattern. It is made from oddballs of a cotton/rayon yarn called Brilla. It is an OK yarn, but I have not liked how the multi-color balls have worked. Using it for the garter stripes and edging seems to be pretty good. 

I'm working on another with the same yarns using seed stitch. I'm planning a garter stripe yoke. Maybe it will be ready to see next week. 

No comments: