Wednesday, October 14, 2020

First Sleeve has some ends

I just now finished the knitting for the first sleeve of my TKGA final project. That puts me pretty close to the schedule I made up last week. I do have some ends to work in. 

Earlier today I loaded, unloaded and spread 600 pounds of compost/manure on part of my front yard. I had ground cover before Hurricane Harvey. When the backhoes came to pick up all the stuff that was removed from the house - furniture, doors, drywall, bedding, you know - your whole life on the curb - they scraped up the ground cover too. Two and a half years later it had refused to grow back, so I bought some top soil and planted more Asian jasmine. While it has not died, it has not flourished and I think there is something missing from the top soil. I put that same soil in some porch planters and am having trouble getting things to grow there as well. So, I held back two sacks of manure/compost for the planters and put the rest on the jasmine. We should have some rain later this week so it can start working it's organic magic and maybe in the spring that section of the yard will have recovered. 

In any event, I'm tuckered.

No comments: