Friday, February 09, 2007

First finished sweater of the year.

I was surprised how much yarn the hood took. Each sweater piece, back, left front/sleeve, right front/sleeve was about three and 1/2 2 ounce balls. The hood was another 2 1/2! Didn't see that coming. Seemed the silly thing was 9 inches from the shoulder for about a week.

I had a little head trip, as I used vintage yarn from my stash. So, when it's gone, there is no getting more. As it turned out I used 6 1/2 skeins, out of the 7 that I had of this color and dye lot. So, quite a successful knit, and stash busting project.

3 comments:

leslie.gordon@stanfordalumni.org said...

I saw your post on the Arwen-along and on your blog. I have (literally!) been dreaming of this sweater. I'm trying to psych myself up for such a big commitment -- and I'm trying to find the perfect yarn. Your photo is an inspiration. You did a beautiful job!

tiennie said...

Great job on Arwen! I still need to buy yarn for mine.

Jen said...

I love it, nice work!