Monday, November 21, 2005

Well, I spent some time updating my Gallery, and generally cleaning up my template. Nice? Does anyone care? I suppose I do.

Now, here is what has been keeping me from knitting so much.

I've had her for a few years, and haven't really played her much. She was a replacement for a Taylor that was stolen. She looks funny because she's carbon fiber instead of wood; the manufacturer is "Rainsong". It's really stable, and stays in tune forever, not that I mind tuning all that much. She also has a big sound, and is very resonant and alive. My husband buys me things, and asked me what I was looking for. I told him that I wanted to take it troop camping with the Girl Scouts, so we decided on this because getting wet won't damage it much.

So, why get back to her now? Well, daughter wanted to join her school guitar group, and that got me interested again, which has gotten my husband interested, and now we have three guitars in the living room keeping Ms Rainsong company.

I'm having fun with it; my hands are getting stronger, and my finger calluses are growing back. Right now, I'm trying to perfect a few songs, and finding that that is very very difficult for me. I've found a teacher, but don't plan to start lessons until January.

But knitting continues

Rogue's body and hood is done. She is lounging on Rainsong's case. I pulled the sleeve caps back because my row gauge was so short that the cap had not possibility of fitting into the armhole. Also, ahem, they were a little short, and different lengths. All that will be dealt with.

While I am dealing with that, I am distracting myself with next projects. I think I have narrowed it down to about seven or eight choices. More later.

No comments: