Monday, April 09, 2007

The Azaleas have bloomed and pooped out, and now we have some winter back. I've been meaning to wash all my sweaters so they can be put away for the summer. But just for Easter weekend, we got some winter back. Go figure.

Chris asked about the pattern for Elegant Diagonals. It's from Interweave Knits Spring 2000. I've still not fixed the collar, but thanks for the complement!!


With the rainy weather, we had a bit of a movie marathon. I upgraded our cable subscription so that husband could get his Speed channel. That upgrade came with some movie channels, and I've not checked out what was showing until last week. There were some ones I wanted to see, so I set up the DVR, so Saturday we had quite a few to see.



We started with a Korean film that my husband and daughter recorded called "3 Iron". They both said it was good, and have been bugging me to watch it. They were right. Yes, it has subtitles, but the main character does not speak in the entire film. The lead actress has maybe three lines. It's about a young man who breaks into and lives in houses and apartments while the owners are away. While he is there, he does their laundry, cares for the plants, and fixes things around the place. He breaks into a home with a battered wife, and the story goes on from there.


I knit up to the beginning of the top sleeve pattern section on Hardangervidda. Must put it away for my trip next week before I do any more.

and

another brioche scarf was finished.

and

I choose a new project.

Question for you stash knitters. Do you ever find yourself thinking about "getting rid of" stash, as opposed to simply "using" it? I don't want to think about projects made with discarded material, or leftovers. Although, quite of lot of my stash is yarn that others have "discarded". Vintage yarn from eBay that was never used by the person who purchased it originally.

Sometimes, I drive myself into a frenzy, trying to figure out an acceptable way to use some yarn purchase mistake, so it will no longer be in my closet. Then, I think, yikes! I have all this other beautiful yarn, what am I saving it for?

I purchased a large lot of this Bear Brand wool and Shetland wool. Enough for an entire cabled sweater. There is a certain pattern I've been wanting to make for a long time. The swatch worked out. Here we go.

No comments: