Thursday, August 12, 2004

Why am I on a rollercoaster, and I'm NOT at AstroWorld?

Yeesh. Last week and a half have been a wreck.

Monday, Back from vacation, really late, no luggage. Ingeborg body was in a bag, husband's keys in the other.

Tuesday, Took husband to airport for his next four week away from home trip, and went back to my own job. Found out that three of my larger projects I was working on closed with no sale. Crud.

Wednesday, Left for my own business trip. Received a call late night from daughter's camp - minor injury that required a trip to the e-room. Didn't sleep much

Thursday, Ran into some extreme issues on a nice project. Probably can't win the deal because a competitor has a much nicer solution for the size. Another camp call - daughter fainted, and was taken back to the e-room. It was my birthday. I cried.

Friday, Got home, did house work and accounting all weekend. Boring is good.

Monday - Picked up bags, finally. The Ingeborg body was in there, and thankfully had not started to grow mold. Late night, more calls from camp. Daughter is apparently hurting herself, and needs to come home. Made air arrangements, spoke to husband, didn't sleep much.

Tuesday - spent the day making appointments, turning over work (again), trying not to cry. Picked up daughter.

Wednesday - husband returns - we fight, mostly because we are so stressed out and tired. Take daughter to medical doc and find a sinus infection. Take nap. Take daughter to get prescriptions filled, and we get our nails done. She's mostly ok - husband and I agree that she does is experimenting with behaviors, does not appear to be in immediate danger, but does need help dealing with her feelings. We all see a psychologist this afternoon, so we will have a professional opinion of what's up.

Knitting helps - especially during sleepless nights and on airplanes. So, here's the positive progress..... A novelty yarn scarf in garter stitch for daughter. She choose the yarn earlier in the summer. It's a little over 60" long.

Closeup of the yarn - black core with red fur. My screen is shoing some magenta. Don't believe it, it's just red. She likes it a lot.

Ingeborg now has a collar and her front steek is opened up. I'll sew down the collar and the bottom hem before progressing onto the button bands and sewing in the arms. Must find buttons.

On the business trip I started a new project for my husband. Remember, poor Ingeborg was still in a lost suitcase.


Friday the 13th is tomorrow. Can we please settle down?

No comments: